Sunday, June 30, 2019

The one time customer service almost called me a bitch.

Greetings foodies. I have a story to tell you from the depths of food customer service.

Back sotry

So I was hungry, surprise surprise. When I am hungry I browse the zomato app for a few minutes and then cook myself something at home. This time, though, I wanted to eat shawerma. Obviously I can't cook that. I ordered A large shawerma and a large "hot potato" sandwich. 

The order came and I paid without looking what at was in the bag the delivery guy gave me. Lo' and behold the order is wrong. A large potato sandwich and a small shawerma. 

What do I do? should I call and tell them the order is wrong? Nah, I'll eat first and ask questions later.

First contact

 
 As you can see, I am very straight to the point on this one. I don't want any confusion to happen. You might ask me why did you send this after eating? Well it was sort of an experiment as well as good post material.

Testing the CS rep


So the rep was nice enough to ask for a replacement for my sandwich. I really appreciate him doing that, honestly. But, the restaurant called me and I didn't answer. 

The reason I didn't answer is I don't want to talk to someone to give me a free sandwich really. I'll just take the loss instead of being put in that situation. Also, I ordered through zomato, if any fuck up happens zomato should correct it.

The rep is clearly unimpressed by this.


 He almost called me a bitch here. I am waitingm 👍

Uh-oh the rep has something to say



This is unfamiliar territory for me, someone has a speech to give me about ordering food through apps. 


Come on! Tell me if I really am the bitch in this scenario.


I'm sorry I already consumed the food items but you know that. I have proof!


Well there you have it folks. They side with customers and not restaurants. So if you are planning on opening up shop keep this in mind. Or maybe the rep is just dumb and doesn't know. That's why you just don't go off "saying something" to people, you might get caught saying the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.

Ending

I did get a replacement sandwich for free. I want to thank the rep for his work. I'd also like to thank the restaurant for actually giving me the replacement which I didn't think I'd get.




What happened to you when zomato fucked up your order?


No comments:

Post a Comment